Welcome to International Criminal Justice Leadership Institute. We are committed to strengthening national and international security and public safety and the rule of law response through the development of sustainable partnerships and programs that supports professional and ethical law enforcement and rule of law education and training services. We believe that the leadership development of individuals within the domestic law enforcement community and in the fledgling criminal justice systems of many countries that are struggling with enormous internal and external strife, is the best way to begin prompting change that supports new democratic systems; the rule of law; and human rights guarantees for their citizens. We are dedicated to providing the law enforcement profession with world-class education, personal and professional development, and analysis and research, to inspire excellence in management and leadership.
The mission of the International Criminal Justice Leadership Institute is to advance the quality of criminal justice systems of government by cultivating law enforcement leaders and practitioners through premier professional development and education that improve the productivity of their organizations, and provide leadership and service to their communities.
The International Criminal Justice Leadership Institute values the following as central to our success:
- We value high standardsfor learning, teaching, inquiry and scholarship.
- We provide a well-rounded education and training environment that integrates professional preparation and study in leadership, justice and integrity.
- We demonstrate integritythrough honesty, civility, and fairness.
- We embrace the diversityof individuals, ideas, and expressions.
- We foster personal growthwithin an environment in which every individual matters.
- We uphold the responsibilityof universal citizenship.
- We exercise stewardship of our global community.
The International Criminal Justice Leadership Institute long-range vision is the continual realization of our core values, engagement with our society, outstanding education, continuous improvement of applied research and support programs, and utilization of best-business practices. The Institute will lead nationally and internationally in creating, assessing, transferring and integrating adult learning in our teaching, research, outreach, and operations. We determine our constituents’ respect through continuous improvement driven by a combination of innovation in the field and empirical evidence of learning outcomes and accomplished through the integrity, teamwork, and creativity of the Institutes faculty and staff. We strive to be known for our distinctive strengths in providing superior and relevant educational and training programs to our constituents. We rely upon a dedicated staff that have an emphasis on ethical decision-making, and possess the ability to adapt to a changing environment. The International Criminal Justice Leadership Institute delivers visionary professional education and training that prepares criminal justice and law enforcement leaders to succeed in times of calm and in times of crisis.
The purpose of the International Criminal Justice Leadership Institute is to:
- To facilitate cognitive and affective student learning–knowledge, skills, and values — and to promote use of that knowledge in the student’s work environment.
- To develop competence in communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and information utilization, together with a commitment to lifelong learning for enhancement of students’ opportunities for career success.
- To provide instruction that bridges the gap between theory and practice through faculty members who bring to their classroom not only advanced academic preparation, but also the skills that come from the current practice of their professions.
- To use technology to create effective modes and means of instruction that expand access to learning resources and that enhance collaboration and communication for improved student learning.
- To assess student learning and use assessment data to improve the teaching/learning system, curriculum, instruction, learning resources, counseling and student services.
- To be organized as a for-profit institute in order to foster a spirit of innovation that focuses on providing academic quality, service, excellence, and convenience to the student.
- To generate the financial resources necessary to support the Institutes mission
Strategic Interior Security Executive Leadership for the 21st Century
The Certificate in Interior Security Executive Leadership is designed to meet the needs of senior level management/executives of international state security organizations. The curriculum offers students the opportunity to ascertain the principles and theories associated with various types of security, from physical security to security administration that focuses on the protection of government assets. The Facilitators are current and former CEOs, Chiefs and executive directors of national and international law enforcement and state security agencies with a vast amount of combined experience as change-making practitioners in the field. A variety of instructional methods are used to provide engaging, practice-oriented learning experiences that are focused on knowledge, skills, and techniques that can immediately be implemented
Strategic Police Executive Leadership: Foundations for Change
This certificate is designed to meet the professional needs of senior level management / executives of law enforcement organizations. The curriculum is designed to promote skill-building and peer networking among seasoned leaders. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive a Law Enforcement Executive Leadership Certificate from International Criminal Justice Leadership Institute. The Facilitators are current and former CEOs, Chiefs and executive directors of national and international law enforcement agencies with a vast amount of combined experience as change-making practitioners in the field. A variety of instructional methods are used to provide engaging, practice-oriented learning experiences that are focused on knowledge, skills, and techniques that can immediately be implemented.
Correctional Executive Leadership and Management Competencies for the 21st Century
Corrections Leadership is a rapidly growing area of criminal justice. Private, state and federal government correctional facilities are seeking qualified managers and executives to meet the changing needs of 21st century penology. The curriculum provides Leaders of correctional facilities and programs to be prepared to meet the challenge of changing policies and effectively deal with the management of budgets, grants, cooperative agreements and other inter-governmental projects. The certificate in Correctional Management Executive Leadership addresses these needs while providing the theoretical and practical knowledge base for correctional practitioners in the area of criminal justice, public administration and social work.
Executive Leadership for Judicial Management
An executive or manager in today’s court system must be a jack-of-all-trades in legal and fiscal matters, human resources, as well as in facilities management and contract negotiation. The complexity and scope of executive/managerial jobs require future leaders to be skilled in using current technology, implementing innovative business theories and applying academic knowledge. The Certificate in Judicial Management Executive Leadership provides students with an opportunity to learn from current leaders in the judicial system. The end result will provide the judicial branch with leaders who make a difference in how justice is provided in their courts, in their communities, with the media, and particularly, in successful practice of overall judicial administration.
Executive Leadership for Prosecutor Management
This certificate is designed to develop capacity in the management and leadership of the prosecutorial function. Prosecutors are ready to embrace a learning culture throughout the management of their programs. This is a course developed especially for prosecutors from and national and international perspective. The course is set at roughly ‘A’ level in standard. Successful candidates will receive a Certificate in prosecution management leadership. The syllabus provides a good working knowledge of both criminal law and procedure, and has been developed and updated in consultation with national international prosecutors and judges. The course is practical in nature and procedurally orientated. The program includes procedures such as the statutory charging scheme and the Criminal Case Management.